Terms and conditions for booking and participation in events and activities organized by Breogfjell AS
For booking of multiple contenders: It is mandatory that each participant read and understands all information regarding both personal- and company responsibility.
For activities outside Norway and the Alps, separate Terms and Conditions will be provided.
Accidents and injuries may occur during all mountain activities. Breogfjell has high focus on minimizing the risk of accidents and injuries by using guides with the highest possible relevant qualifications. On ski mountaineering and mountain climbing activities we use IFMGA certified guides or aspirant guides. All guides commits at all time to honour the company safety instructions.
The overall responsibility for the safety of the group belongs to the guide(s). The guide will have high competence with respect to safety in the mountains, identification of potential hazards and general safety when traveling in a group. The activity will be optimized according to the specific group (physical shape, personal skills, experience etc.). Hence, it is important to take these factors into account when choosing from the different products that Breogfjell offer. For the guide to take responsibility for the entire group, each participant must:
- At all times comply with the instructions given by the guide
- Always stay behind the guide unless other arrangements have been made
- Stop/wait at predefined locations
Other important safety aspects are:
- Each participant must inform the guide of medical conditions, illnesses or disorders that may be relevant for safety reasons or aggravated during the event/activity. Please consider the suitability of such an event/activity before booking
- Each participant must replace self-inflicted damage or loss of equipment that belongs to Breogfjell
Booking procedures and terms
For activities that do not include food, lodging or transport: A binding contract is in force from receipt of the payment of a deposit of 2000 NOK pr participant or the full cost of the booked activity.
For ski and sail and activities include lodging and/or food and/or transport: 50% of the fee must be paid within 10 days after booking. The customer will receive an invoice for advance payment after submitting a booking form or making a reservation through phone or email.
For all activities/events: The contract is regarded as non-binding prior to this payment. The entire cost of the event/activity must be paid during booking if the price is lower than 7.500 NOK for the event/activity.
2. What is included in the price
Each event/activity with Breogfjell includes the following:
- Qualified guide/instructor/supervisor
- All expenses for the guide which may not be specified in the information for the event/activity
- All personal safety equipment (unless other information has been provided) during the event/activity. This may be:
- Avalanche safety equipment (beacon, avalanche pole, shovel)
- Climbing equipment (harness with accessories, helmet, crampons, ice axe, ropes)
- Personal equipment for glacier hikes (harness with accessories, helmet, crampons, ice axe, ropes)
- Other potential safety equipment
- Lodging, transport and/or food is included where such services are specified in the product description.
3. Terms of payment
The remaining payment (total fee minus the deposit) must be paid 15 days prior to the event/activity unless other is defined. For ski and sail and events that include lodging and/or food and/or transport: The whole fee must be paid no later than 60 days prior to the event.
4. Terms and conditions for safety
4.1 Cancellation and travel insurance
Each participant is recommended to take out a personal travel and accident insurance. It is your responsibility to take out adequate personal accident and travel insurance. Breogfjell do not provide such insurances. For larger events, it is recommended to include risks of cost of cancellation by you in the insurance.
4.2 Information about personal health
It is mandatory for each participant to inform about their personal health issues since this may affect the general safety for the entire group and personal safety during the event/activity.
4.3 Risk during mountain activities
Participation on mountain activities (rock climbing and or ”scrambling”, ice climbing, glacier hikes and back country ski touring) carry a risk. Each participant must at all times comply with all instructions and directions given by the guide. Breogfjell will not be financially responsible for harm or injury on people or equipment unless the accident is due to serious negligence by the guide.
4.4 Competence and qualifications
Breogfjell seeks to minimize all risks related to our activities by using guides authorized through Norsk Fjellsportforum or the international mountain guide association (IFMGA/UIAGM/IVBV). The guides must at all time follow the internal safety instructions.
4.5 Loss of equipment
Participants must replace self-inflicted loss of equipment borrowed or rented from Breogfjell.
5. Cancellation terms
5.1-a Cancellations and refunds for activities in Norway that do not include food, transport and lodging
Each participant may cancel the reservation prior to 30 days before the event. A cancelation fee of NOK 2000 must be paid by the participant.
If the cancellation is made less than 30 days prior to the event, the following rules will apply:
- Cancellation 15-30 days prior to the event: Total cost of the event minus advance payment is charged
- Cancellation 7-14 days prior to the event: 50% of the total cost of the event is charged
- Cancellation less than 7 days prior to the event / failure to show up: Full price for the event is charged
Larger groups may be given a discount according to the amount of contenders. This discount may be withdrawed if members of the group make a cancellation. The respective share of the total price will be refunded to the members who made the cancellation. A re-calculation of the discount according to the reduced size of the group will be performed, and a new price for the remaining participants will be charged.
5.1-b Cancellations and refunds for packages in Norway
These terms considers ski and sail and other multi-day events that includes accomodation and/or food and/or transport.
- Cancellation >60 days prior to the event: Refund of fee minus deposit.
- Cancellation between 60 and 30 days prior to the event: 50 % of fee refunded.
- Cancellation 30 days or less prior to the event / failure to show up: Full price for the event is charged.
5.1-c Cancellations and refunds for activities outside Norway and the Alps
Separate terms and conditions will apply.
5.2 Cancellation due to sudden illness or accidents
Same conditions as section 5.1, cancellation and refunds. For larger events, Breogfjell recommends participants to take out personal insurance that cover the cancellation (normally available through travel insurance).
5.3 Change of booked activity
Participant(s) may change their booked activity by paying an administrative fee of 1000 NOK pr person pr change if Breogfjell has the opportunity to fulfil the new request by the customer. The change might be regarded as a cancellation if the total cost for Breogfjell is larger than the administrative fee. In this case, the rules of cancellation will apply (section 5.1).
6. Breogfjells right to change or cancell an event
6.1 Limited attendees
Breogfjell has the opportunity to cancel the event if the required minimum attendees are not met. Unless other information has been given, the cancellation must be performed:
- 60 days prior to ski and sail trips
- 30 days prior to guided trips
The customers must be notified prior to the 60/30 days defined above. Breogfjell shall inform and refund the customers as early as possible.
6.2 Adverse weather/conditions
For safety reasons, Breogfjell may change the event in case of unfavourable weather conditions or matters beyond our control.
The changes shall be optimized in order to make the inconvenience as low as possible for the customers. Breogfjell will offer the participant(s) an alternative event at the same time as the original. The customers will be charged for the event that is actually performed. In case of substantial changes to the event, the customer is offered a refund of the total price minus the deposit.
6.3 Illness or injury for the guide
Breogfjell will strive to offer a new guide with similar qualifications in case of illness or injury to the guide. The event might be cancelled if Breogfjell fails at replacing the guide. In such scenario the total cost will be refunded.
7 Miss spells
Miss spells might occur in the documentation provided by Breogfjell.
Breogfjell reserves the right to inform that miss spells might occur in all provided information e.g. web pages, price lists, e-mails and brochures.