Alpine Skitouring Stryn & Nordfjord
Mountains to fjord
A breath-taking combination of snow coated mountains, glaciers and fjords. With a large amount of mountains and summits, the area offers a variety of possibilities. Here you will always find a mountain that fits your personal ambitions and skills.
This village has long been known for its summerski on Tystigen where ski and snowboard enthusiasts has been gathering since 1972. In winter we guide at mountains such as
- Mt. Skaala 1848 mas
- Mt. Lodalskaapa 2083 mas
- Mt. Kyrkjenibba 1400 mas
- Mt. Midstolshyrna 1771 mas
- Mt. Rinddalshyrna 1677 mas
- Mt. Storskredfjellet (the great avalanche mountain) 1718 mas.
- The ski lift areas and the mountains around the cable car Loen Skylift
- And plenty of other mountains!
You can book one of our guides for one or several days.
Local and highly qualified guides
All Breogfjell Mountain Guides are qualified IFMGA Mountain Guides (called “Tindevegledere” in Norwegian). They also know the area like their own pocket. For ski mountaineering we only use IFMGA certified guides or aspirant guides.
- Backpack, 30-40 liter (must enable to attach ski and ice axes)
- Randonèe or telemark skis with skins (preferably tech bindings)
- Ski crampons
- Ski boots
Avalance equipment (can be borrowed by Breogfjell)
- wind/waterproof shell
- gloves / mittens / hat (wind and waterproof)
- Socks (inkl. spare)
- insulating underwear (wool)
- insulation midlayer (wool, fleece or thin down west)
- insulation jacket (down, primaloft or wool)
- Sunglasses and goggles
- Sunblock (strong!)
- Bottle / thermos
The guide brings
- Small repair kit
- First aid kit
- Emergency bivouac
- GPS, map and compass
Clothes and equipment for rest days activities
You will receive a confirmation by email after submission of form.